Caroline Rothstein has appeared on stage since childhood as an actress, singer, dancer, spoken word poet, and performance artist. As a professional spoken word poet, her work empowers audiences with candid personal writing and a passionate, socially conscious message. Using her journalism background, she punctuates her poetry with historical events and facts, rather than fictional metaphors. She writes and performs honestly and articulately about overcoming traumas in her own life in order to allow audience members to feel security and authenticity in processing their own experiences.
Caroline has performed spoken word poetry at dozens of middle schools, high schools, colleges, universities, and community and religious spaces throughout the United States including: Yale University, Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania, Barnard College, Colby College, Wesleyan University, Emory University, William & Mary, SUNY Binghamton, SUNY New Paltz, Fordham University, UC Santa Cruz, the New York Lab School for Collaborative Studies, Convent of Sacred Heart (New York), Congregation Beth Elohim (Brooklyn), and more.
Caroline regularly performs at theater, poetry slam, and performance venues in New York City for solo shows, poetry slams, and featured events. A list of some of the New York City venues at which she has performed include the legendary Nuyorican Poet’s Cafe, The Tank Theatre, The Bowery Poetry Club, Bar 13, The Knitting Factory, the Brooklyn Museum of Art, The Wild Project, and more.
Caroline is available for feature performance shows and events at colleges, universities, schools, community centers, religious institutions and organizations, private events, and more. As a trained facilitator, she offers talk back or question and answer sessions after performances. Caroline is able to cater performance pieces and topics to an organization's specific needs and desires.
For booking inquires, please email email@example.com
Notable slam poetry awards and competitions:
- Competed in 2011 WOW Poetry Slam, winner of Last Chance Slam
- Member of 2010 Nuyorican Poet’s Cafe slam team, placed 2nd at NPS 2010
- Member of 2008 New Paltz Slam Team, competed at NPS 2008
- Finalist in 15th Annual MLK Day Poetry Slam, Yale Peabody Museum, 2011
- Co-coach of 2009 UPenn Slam Team, placed 1st at CUPSI 2009
- Co-coach of 2007 UPenn Slam Team, placed 1st at CUPSI 2007
- Finalist in 2006 Red Bull Word Clash Street Poetry Competition
- Member of 2006 UPenn Slam Team, placed 2nd at CUPSI 2006
- 2006 University of Pennsylvania Grand Slam Champion
- Coached 2005 UPenn Slam Team, placed 3rd at CUPSI 2005
- Member of 2004 UPenn Slam Team, placed 4th at CUPSI 2004
- 2004 University of Pennsylvania Grand Slam Champion